About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States

Friday, September 5, 2008

Calm before the storm




As the day progresses, the clouds get thicker, and the winds have picked up. So I thought I'd take pictures before the rain hit. I got two. LOL! I got the two but the battery went dead then the rain hit. Currently it is 1:33 p.m. and the actual storm is several hours away, but this seems to be the outer bands. I said I'd never wait out a hurricane, but there was a little part of me that always wanted to. Well, since this one is either a tropical storm or catagory one, I figure I am here for the long haul. I'll sure be letting you know if it was worth it or not. Some of the thunderstorms we have been having are just a wee bit more than I can handle. Shane has duty tonight so he is in a nice big strong building and we are here at home. Hummm....:)



These two pictures are from our back yard. When I went out to get more after the battery loaded a bit, the lense kept fogging up so I couldn't even get a rainy picture. :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

OOoohhh, cool. Interesting that the lens kept fogging up! It's rather warm here today. I had my sister come over for a visit and a haircut. Her hair turned out so cute, she loves it. Miss you! Can't wait to see the next pictures!

Jenny said...

Oh Joy I was happy to hear that it was milder than they thought it was going to be, though still a storm. I am anxious to hear how it turned out in the end for you. I am so glad that you didn't have to evacuate. By the way, I like the changes you've made to your blog, it looks great! Miss you!

The Browning Family said...

Is it Hanna you were talking about? My friend, Amanda, had to wait it through also. They thought it was going to be worse than it was.
So glad to see you were ok.