About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The CRAZIEST thing happened



So, who on earth would ring your door bell at just after three in the morning??? Nobody good, I would assume. Well that happened to us this morning. I was sleeping on the couch because Shane was snoring and I was only there 30 minutes when the doorbell rang. I was sooo sound asleep at that point. And we all know what pregnant women think of good sleep. :)

I bolted off the couch in quite a daze. Kids came a running asking if Caleb was here. LOL! He is the little guy I babysit who comes at 6 a.m. so they are used to hearing the door bell. I went to Lauren's window to look out and this scene was etched in my VERY groggy mind. ): There were street signs all over the yard. I am not sure why it sickened me so badly, but it was so weird! I suppose I also felt violated because at this time of morning there were strangers in my yard and at my door. ): I was hoping everyone had them in their yards, but nope, just us. ):

I ran to the bedroom where Shane was SOUND asleep, told him to get a gun and come quick. He looked out the window and said call the police...I did.

After a few mins. they showed up. We didn't go out until they got here, except I did step out to get these pictures. We did open the door right after it happened and I am sure I heard a car leaving, but didn't see lights nor did they drive by. I suppose I wouldn't either if I were so foolish.

The nuts pulled up three street signs that mark the cross streets. Only one was just right across the streets, the others had to be brought from down the street in both directions. Odd I must say. They also removed our mailbox from the post. I would almost think the street signs were funny except for the fact they did the mailbox. That is a bit personal in my opinion.

In all of it, though, we are SO grateful and SO thankful they didn't do damage to our home or Shane's Blazer.

After the cops and Shane returned the signs, I couldn't go back to sleep for a while. We were having thunderstorms, which is another reason I couldn't believe the fools would be out there. Finally feel asleep at 5:30 but had nightmares about it for the hour I got to sleep. They were odd to say the least.

I do thank the Lord for His protection in all this and His grace! I don't like things like this, but I suppose insanity happens and I'll just continue to pray God's protection.

The pictures are blurry because I took them on night mode which needs to be done with a tripod not a shaky mom. :)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, it's still hard to believe... where in the world are these punks' parents?? I'm so glad that there was no property damage... and so sorry you had to have nightmares because of it. I'm thinking it's just punk kids that don't really want to offend, or they would have hurt your personal property.

Jenny said...

Whoa that is really weird, and I udnerstand why that would make you feel so violated. I am sorry you had to go through that. I hope it passes with just this, as I am betting it is some punk kids, as Jenny said. Either way, it was a thoughtless and rude act. Crazy is right.

Anonymous said...

That is crazy! I don't know if I would sleep for a while. The craziest things seem to happen to you. We will be praying for you. I would hate to see what would happen if you husband found someone doing something like that.

Joy said...

Craziness!

Yes, Norma, the gun he got would scare the socks off anyone who tried that again.

Tonight someone knocked on the door. I so did not want to answer it, but when I did it was freaky. It was a couple standing there and the feller was a tall one. I was not sure what was up. But they just wanted to borrow jumper cables. Shane went to help them out. WHEW!! Just glad they didn't ring the doorbell. LOL! :) Enough insanity for a few days please. :)

Thank you all for your comments. It was an experience. I have to admit last night was hard to sleep because it was real windy and I kept hearing noises. Imagine that. :)

Love you all!!

Karilee said...

What an odd prank!
Praise the Lord that your property and home were safe. Punks for sure,not man enough to do anything really worthwhile. I mean how stupid is that? Taking street signs and putting them in someone's yard? Did it start with T.P.-ing and then progress to this??
We had our yard "forked" with bunches of plastic forks last year and that was unnerving enough for me!!