About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States

Monday, August 10, 2009

Realized why people say WOW.


LOL! I walked passed this mirror in my living room that is waiting a place in my bedroom. I caught a complete side view and about fell out! Now I can see why on Sat. these two tiny girls walking by me said"WOW!" out loud. LOL! I know the belly is big and can see that from my vantage point, but hadn't really taken time to see the "big" picture. LOL! Yeah well, I see it now! Shane is even wondering what is up. He still can't believe it and this is our 4th. Hee hee! :)

All is going well. The gestational diabetes is under control with diet, or not so, if I don't eat right. We had a small potluck at church last night and well, I didn't eat junk, but what I ate wasn't exactly diabetes friendly. :) But at home I do quite well. In fact I have a hard time adding enough carbs. I know how to eat low carb, but with lunch and dinner I need 60 of them. Wowzers. That is hard to do. I mainly do it with fruit. I am enjoying the fruit that is for sure. I just can't keep it stocked. :) The kids are enjoying it too. :)

Hope all is well with everyone.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Joy I think wow is just the right word! LOL your little body is consumed with your baby! Ha you are very cute!

Joy said...

:) Thank you Amanda! I tell ya, I was a bit shocked. With that skirt and all, I look smaller at the bottom, but baby heavy at the top. I was just quite surprised. LOL! Shouldn't be, but now I get it.

Jeanné said...

i knew that this post had to be something about your belly when i read the title!! =]

WOW...is the PERFECT word!! LOL
it funny how two girls said it outloud!!

is that one of the kids in the back ground of the picture?! it kind of looks like there is legs hanging from your belly LOL

you still look VERY beautiful!!

Joy said...

LOL Jeanne! Yes, that is Sam sweeping the kitchen floor. :)

It was funny to walk past those girls. I wasn't paying them any mind, but sure heard what they had to say. And everyone else for that matter. :)

Jeanné said...

LOL...!!

Well, I normally get stares..bc everyone thinks I am a pragnant 12 year old!! LOL

I have to remember to NOT forget my wedding ring..bc then I just get glares LOL

it is crazy...I think it is funny though..!!

but you missy, I am SO amazed at how much bigger baby gets in a week..!!

Many people have said to me, "YOU ARE THE SKINNEST PRAGNANT PERSON I HAVE EVER SEEN...I say, "Well, Thank You, I take that as a commpliment, at least I am not the fatest pragnant person you have ever seen!" LOL

Christopher is starting to "joke" about me waddeling, I deny it to him (i know i do, bc i feel it) It seems like he is getting "more involved" and "interested" I am sure he has always been, but now I can TELL he is.

BUT ANYWAYS (prago ramble), like I said, you are still so very beautiful and cute!!

Jenny said...

You are still so adorable! I love you and am so glad to hear that you and baby are doing well!

Mountain Mom said...

{{GASP!}} There's another one hiding behind the one you know about...?

When tiny people are pregnant, it shows more. :)


(The green wall in the back ground looks just like the green in my dining room.)

Jenny said...

No No, see.... people are just saying "WOW" because you are so beautiful!! Yes, that's the reason! :) Well, I went to family camp last week and am back now. I hope we can talk this week! Life has been so busy! YOU, my dear, are getting closer and closer to meeting this little guy!! I can't wait! You better get photos up as soon as it's reasonable!! :D Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Joy! Guess what? On Friday, I learned that I too have gestational diabetes. Bummer! But, we were just getting home from family camp where we heard messages on "this is the will of God" and how we need to be thankful in all things and for all things. So, I quietly prayed and asked the Lord to help me be thankful for this trial, I gave Him the praises and trust He'll get us through it!! It just seems so funny that this of all pregnancies would be the one I'd get this, considering I have been eating VERY healthy and exercising the whole time!!!! Well, so far, I think my numbers are good, I'll find out when I talk to the "pros". You look great, I will be praying for you and your little one to be healthy in spite of the G D!!! Love ya girl, we are on the homeward stretch....yeah!

~Emily