About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States

Sunday, September 6, 2009

37 weeks 3 days....


Well, I am trucking right along with my "wide load". :):) Yes, people clear the way like cars do on a road when a mobile home is being driven by. LOL! I got all kinds of comments at church today. I got the usual of "do you think you'll make it?" and" are you sure you'll be at your shower Sat?". One gentleman told Shane that Levi makes his presence known in the room before I do. Yes I know that one already. :) You can see the belly coming around the corner before you see me.

Anyway, I am doing FANTASTIC! God has given me a great measure of strength for these last few weeks. Two weeks ago I could barely walk because of the back pain, but now I have no pain and lots of wonderful energy. Shane wanted to know what kind of drugs I was on. :) None, but delighted to be feeling better!

Levi is doing well, and seems to be head down for the most part now. He still moves a LOT, but somehow is managing to stay down. I had a dr's appt Friday and talked to that dr and asked if they'd let me go to at least 41 weeks. She asked me if that is really what I wanted, and I said yes! I suppose that is not something they hear often. LOL! The dr I see on Tues is one who told me they wouldn't let me go past 39 weeks. I have delivered all three of my babies at or after 41 weeks and would rather be left alone until then.

Little guy is VERY wiggly and makes for quite a show and I so love every little kick...or in his case, roll. I think he is going to be long. I have always thought that, but mercy, when his bottom is on one side and I feel his feet all that way over to the other, there is quite a span of space there. I suppose if my dad was 6'3 I'd have long legs too. :)

We are all doing well and I am now ready for him to be born. I had put off getting the room done, but we are ready now. I have a baby shower on Sat. I am grateful for the ladies for doing that for me.

I do hope all is going well with everyone. Take care and God bless!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see your little man! It is almost time!! Yay! I will be 37 weeks tomorrow. My doc. has been informed of my naturally going 42-43 weeks and so I do hope he will not interfere as well. I do get impatient, but would rather let my body do what it knows to do on it's own. I will pray the same for you! Love ya! Miss you lots!!

~Emily

Joy said...

Thank you Emily! I have been feeling so well I know I can make it a few more weeks. It is nuts, though, how your mind messes with you. I keep thinking, cool I can go any time, then I remember I am not even 38 weeks yet. There is no way my body will go any day. LOL! I really thought I had the "mind part" beat this time, but nope, the six week point hit and I am just a nut. :) I can't believe we are both getting so close. :) I look forward to knowing what you guys are having.
We miss you all a LOT as well! We talk of WA allll the time! :)
Love you guys!!

Jeanné said...

looking great mama!!

hannah simpson is over here at my house and i showed her your picture and she said, "WOW!"

all i could think about was the post you did about "why people say wow!" =P

glad to hear everything is going great!! love and miss you!!!

Jenny said...

You look beautiful! I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you are feeling so much better!! YAY for that! I know how bad your back/hip pain can get when you're expecting. What an added blessing to have the energy! I agree with Shane... where can I buy some of that?! LOL... JK.

I can't wait to see photos of little Levi! I think now and then of checking out plane ticket prices... sigh. Wish I could be there for you. Yes, I bet he will be a long baby! I just love the name you have chosen! Call me after your shower and tell me all about it - if you can. Lova ya! Miss you tons!

Jenny said...

I have been thinking of you so much lately! Carl said he chatted with Shane when he was just in SC. I also told the Dr. that I wanted to wait until 41 weeks to induce, and other people, and everyone thought I was crazy! I thought that was only normal, and that God would bring Will when he was supposed to come out. Funny how many people think that is crazy, huh? I am so glad to hear you are feeling so well and that your back pain is gone! I love you!

Mountain Mom said...

You look amazing! Your beatutiful smile shows that you really are feeling better. God is so good! Took a photo of my youngun yesterday. It would be so cute if you both hatched the same day! Love you!