About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States

Monday, September 21, 2009

Baby shower and 39 weeks





Ladies at church had a baby shower for me. It was special. A group went in together and got the bedding I desired, and we got lots of nice little gifts for him. I thought I'd share a few pictures.

The picture of me is 39 weeks 2 days. I was certain I'd deliver by now, but have resorted to the fact I'll make it to 41 weeks. The dr said last week he didn't think I'd make to to the weekend. I suppose he meant Oct 1st weekend. :) I knew better than to hope for anything less. I have my great moments, but I am tuckering out fast.

My in-laws arrived on Friday. They can stay til whenever......

It is late here and I should be in bed, so this is short. I just wanted to do a little update. Take care all!

5 comments:

The Casaus House said...

Not much longer Joy! I know when you're at the end even 1 more day can feel like FOREVER! Hang in there! I can't wait to see your post introducing little Levi.

Jeanné said...

you are still so beautiful!!
Can not wait to see what he looks like!! Your cake was so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Just don't do any castor oil!! It only works for some!!! ;-) Remember, God's timing is ALWAYS perfect!! And in His time, you will have your healthy baby boy in your arms. At least you won't go to 42-43 weeks!! Hey, elephants carry their young for 2 Years!! Think about that!! Lol! I am glad that I am NOT an elephant (I may feel like one, but that's it!) hee hee hee. Love ya!!

~Emily

Joy said...

Hee hee!! I keep saying how I am glad I am not an elephant. :) I feel like it some days, but thankfully I am not.

I am working really hard not to let this get to me. The pain today has been the worst yet, but I know God will see me through. I know before long he'll be in my arms and not my belly.

No castor oil for me. Some one told a friend of mine that is what I should do and I said NO WAY! It is nasty for one thing and if it doesn't work it so is not worth the misery of drinking it. Plus I know it can be bad for baby.

Thankfully God knows best in all this and I'll continue to rely on Him for strength. Thank you girls for your kind words!! :):)

Mountain Mom said...

I love all the little monkeys! I wonder if that is any indication of the little fella's personality? LOL!!! You look wonderful. You and my girl are so looking ready to pop anytime. I still think it would be cute if they were born on the same day. =D

LOVE YOU!