About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States

Sunday, October 19, 2008

No pictures..

I just wanted to let our friends know that Samuel got saved tonight! What a joyous day!! :) I can't even say the birth of our babies is as grand as knowing they are going to Heaven!! I can't even put into words how my heart rejoices in this. How wonderful a blessing it is! :)

We had a missions conference this week at church. It did a LOT for our family! You know how give to missions with a "faith promise"? Well we have always given and usually a "nice" amount, but it was never really a "faith" move. The evangelist preached on it for four days. Well, God dealt with Shane and me and we both came up with the same amount. I was shock, and I even tried arguing with the Lord. :) It didn't work. ;0) God is SO amazing!

And during that time, Lauren raised her hand and talked with one preaching about becoming a missionary. :) She said she felt that is what the Lord wants her to do. We'll certainly be praying for her and God's Will. I was so delighted to know the Lord could use our little VERY special daughter in such a grand way. I surely know He knows and we'll keep praying accordingly.

God is SO good! I am so thankful to have the husband and children He has blessed me with. I think I have taken them for granted at times, and I so do not want to do that!!

I have also made it a point to work harder at loving our church and where we are living because I KNOW God is here and He brought us here. So instead of feeling sorry for myself, I am going to work on what HE has for us to do. Please keep us in your prayers. We can SO use them. :) Who can't, but I reeeeelly want to be in His Will and do this right! :)

Well it is bed time here, so I have to get going. I miss everyone and love you all! Take care, God bless and have a wonderful week!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Joy I am so excited for what the Lord has done in your family! Praise God!!! My son Austin accepted him this week also. God is so good and we never deserve what he gives us! Children truly are a blessing of God!!!

Jenny said...

Oh Praise the Lord Joy!! Yay! What a wonderful missions conference! How exciting! Isn't it amazing when you both get the same answer?? I'm so pleased to hear about Samuel, please tell him we all love him! It will be sweet to see the holy spirit working in his life now!

Jenny said...

Praise God!!!! Yea! I am so excited for you, and Sammy! I am also so glad to hear that you are doing well at your church, and are devoting yourself to it, as you know it is God's will for you there. I understand your heart in this, as I have gone through that with our church as well. They actually prayed for a Navy officer, which we found out after we joined! It is amazing to us to be an answer to prayer. Also, what we have realized is that Westside equipped us to do so much, and now we are using what we learned there to serve here. I love you and am VERY happy for you!

Hazel Eye Beauty said...

Joy, that is great news! Its great to hear from you. We all miss your smiley face here! Hopefully one day Shane will get orders back to wa! Donna Gray