About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States

Saturday, January 31, 2009

A birthday and a mishap






My Ladybug turns nine tomorrow! Who on earth knew time would fly so fast. We tried for nine years to become pregnant before getting pregnant with her. I have to say that nine years didn't go as quickly. :) God has been SO VERY good to Shane and me and we are blessed beyond measure. Lauren is an incredible little girl and I believe God has great things for her. She is a dream child and I am SOOO blessed. I love this little one!! :)

So...my friend took her and the kids to the ice skating rink today. Well, she didn't anymore get out on the ice before she fell and hurt her ankle pretty bad. When my friend got home with them later her foot and ankle were swollen. I wasn't certain if it was broken or not but didn't want to take a change so I was able to take her to a walk-in clinic. As far as they could tell, there wasn't a break, but they wanted to treat it well, so they made a nice splint, kind of like a cast, but it comes off. It is held in place with an ace bandage. She'll be on the crutches for a week.

Her friends are staying the night and we are having a little tea party, then a cake party later in the day. They helped bake the cake then we decorated it. You can't laugh though. It is not a perfect one, but it will be fun eating I am sure.

I hope everyone is doing well! We love you all!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, how fun... to help make the cake and decorate it! Happy Birthday Lauren!! WOW.. can you believe our oldest ones are nine? I remember when they were both 5 when we met. **Sigh** Next year will be the double digits! Praise God she is such a great little girl who desires to obey. Poor thing though... with her ankle! I bet that was scary. I hope it heals quickly. Tell her Josiah says hi!! Miss you guys!!

Jenny said...

Oh how fun for them to help make and decorate the cake! The tea party sounds like a blast too! I can relate to the poor kid, as I once twisted my ankle ice skating as well. :) I'm glad to hear the sprain isn't too bad, and definitely not enough to ruin such an awesome birthday! Happy Birthday Lauren!

Joy said...

Thank you Jennys :) We miss all you guys. Sure wish you were at the party with us. We had a good time. It was simple, but fun.
Lauren's foot looks worse than it was. But doesn't seem to be giving her pain which I am glad about. I just can't get over how ugly it looks.