About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our Virginia trip






So we went to Virginia for two weeks to be with Shane while he shot with the Navy. I figure if you can't beat 'em, you join 'em. :) So we did! He went last year and I was so mad I didn't go. There was no reason then, but this year I had a few reasons, but still went. LOL! Oh like being pregnant and not having a bathroom in the room. But we got there and our cabin was the closest to the bathrooms. It was a small campground and only three cabins. The no bathroom was NOT a problem. I was glad. I survived just fine.

We had a spectacular time. Granted the first four days were cold and rainy. But after that it was quite nice and didn't get hot until the day we left. :) The campground was on the beach. Or at least close. :) We had to walk on a boardwalk and over a dune and there was the Atlantic Ocean. It was beautiful.

We didn't do a whole lot of running around or anything. I didn't mind that at all. I SO enjoyed doing nothing, but laundry. :) I think I could live that way. HA HA HA!!

Shane did GREAT shooting (of coarse ;) ) He did well, won another rifle the first week and came in second over all the next week, but had a lot of first place awards for different things. I was delighted to be there for the awards ceremony and hear his name called every time one was to be given out. :)

Anyway, I'll post a few pictures of the time. It was sure peaceful and I enjoyed every bit of it.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I loved seeing the pictures and reading about your time! The cabin is beautiful! How wonderful it must have been to do NOTHING and just relax! Did the children get bored at all, or did they keep themselves entertained with the woods and wildlife? So glad that you got to go and enjoy this time!

Joy said...

You know? The kids kept themselves busy. There wasn't much to do there at all, but their little imaginations were working the whole time. It was awesome! I got the GREATEST compliment from the man who keeps it up. He told me on more than one occasion, but the day we were leaving he stopped and really thanked us....He was QUITE impressed with their behavior! He said they were the best behaved he'd seen in a long while and was just very happy how they acted. :) My heart was warmed that's for sure!! The kids were GREAT! There were a three groups over the coarse of time, and boy they were something else. I sure got a lesson in worldly kids. :)